Friday, December 14, 2012

Love Your Babies

I have been heartbroken all day about what has happened.  I was lucky to be home with Jackson and Vivienne today and then go to school for an after school event.  It was good to be around so many happy children.  I saw a quote from Mr. Rogers that sums up how I feel at the end of today: "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." 

I hope to raise children who will be the helpers, the caring people in the world.  I hope to inspire those children in my classroom to be the same.  

I hope that good is able to come from this.  Here are a couple of pictures from tonight, my thoughts and prayers are with you all tonight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment